What do you do when your external drive has no more space? Buy a new one. That is exactly what I did. My Western Digital USB 2.0 External Hard Drive has finally been filled to capacity. I really do love my Western Digital drive, but I decided to try a new brand just to provide balance to our reviews.
So what did I buy? The Iomega 34270 USB 2.0 500GB Prestige Desktop Hard Drive. There are two elements of this external hard drive that I liked right away. The first is the cool silver exterior casing and the second is how lightweight the device is.
- Easy-to-use simple USB 2.0 interface. It is as easy as plug and play
- Stylish and durable drive is available in a dark silver brushed finish with a solid aluminum construction. It does include a stand.
- EMC Retrospect HD (PC) license is included for easy file backup (software available via easy download).
- Energy efficient power by an Energy Star qualified adapter!
- Compatible with both PC and MAC platforms.
In the last week I’ve used this external hard drive for many projects. One project was to complete backup of my Dad’s computer hard drive. It copied over 40 gig’s of data in about an hour and a half. Then today, I was editing a bunch of video with my Pinnacle Studio 12 and I was working strictly off the Iomega 34270 External Hard Drive. I even used the hard drive as the destination drive to burn my DVD.